Warning: Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.
Andrew Quinn (Left) & Nick Barclay (Right) directing from the front while "The Captain" overlooks all ensuring safe passage. Kumar (back right) scouts for campsites and trout while Kamal (DB) gets the photography gig. Karnali River, Nepal 1998.
OUR PURPOSE IS SIMPLE
Provide the workers at our Sydney factory with a safe, clean & enjoyable working environment, pay them a fair wage, supply them with our high quality Australian made fabric, knitted from certified organic cotton and our t-shirts will be the best in the world. We want to live in a world where everyone acts with integrity by making positive choices that support the well being of a global community. By focusing on creating and supplying the world's best ethical apparel we will enable and provide successful customer businesses, social enterprises and individuals.NICK BARCLAY & ANDREW QUINN, OCC APPAREL FOUNDERSWhen we first started, Australia had no organic cotton farmers, so we set about sourcing the best quality organic cotton t-shirts in the world. Nick had worked with Patagonia for a couple of years in the US and was immediately hooked by the quality of their garments and the truth that they sold. Patagonia had played a major role in pioneering organic cotton when in 1996 they agreed to only source organic cotton for their established sportswear brand. They established a separate division, Beneficial Ts, to help educate consumers and worked hand in hand with organic cotton farmers to build the industry. In 2004 we placed our first order with Beneficial Ts and became their official Australian distributor. We focused on building an Australian retail network and started working with several prominent Australian business’s for their wholesale t-shirt screen-printing needs. We took our message and the OCA stall on the road around Australia to farmers markets, trade-shows and expo’s enabling Australian’s the choice for quality organic cotton garments. It was in 2005 that we met with our first Australian organic cotton farmer.We purchased a stockpile of his certified Australian grown organic cotton and developed and launched ‘Certton' our own brand of Australian made premium quality organic cotton t-shirts.The whole growing & manufacturing process being completed from field to finished garment in Australia as members of the Australian Made Campaign. Today we source certified organic cotton yarn from India and continue to make t-shirts in Australia at our sweatshop free factory in Sydney. We also distribute the Earth Positive, Salvage & Stanley Stella and Fairshare organic t-shirt brands along with custom manufacturing for some of the biggest apparel brands in the business both in Australia and offshore. This is just a little bit about us we look forward to learning a little bit about you.
- Organic Cotton Advantage established in Currumbin, QLD, Australia.
- OCA Stall at the ‘Organic Expo’ - Sydney, AUS.
- OCA Stall at the Brisbane Organic Growers Fair (BOGI) - Brisbane, AUS.
- DIJIGURU MEDIA launched our first website https://www.ocadvantage.com.au/.
- Official Australian distributor for Beneficial Tees by Patagonia.
- Australia producing no organic cotton.
- Initial wholesale accounts include: Greenpeace, Surfrider Foundation, Leave No Trace.
- OCA Stall at the IFOAM World Organic Congress - Adelaide, AUS.
- Private label and custom manufacturing service offered.
- ‘Certton’, our own Australian Made organic cotton range is released.
- International sales include New Zealand & Singapore.
- Membership of the ‘Australian Made Campaign’.
- ‘Certton’ Australian organic cotton fabric offered wholesale by the roll.
- OCA storage warehouse opened in Sydney, NSW.
- Retail Network continues to grow past 20 stores.
- OCC Apparel fabric customers include: Ksubi, Huggalugs, Fragile
- OCA updated website and online store launched.
- Wholesale OCC Apparel t-shirt accounts include: The Big Issue, Peats Ridge Festival, ANU, Mont Adventure, CSIRO.
- Certton t-shirt style and colour range continues to expand.
- OCC Apparel showroom opens in Currumbin, Queensland.
- OCC Apparel t-shirt customers include: Bluesfest, City of Sydney, Wegener Surf, Australian Made Campaign, Australian Conservation Foundation, Australian Rainforest Foundation, Deutsche Bank, Perfect Potion, Green Building Council, Green Pages Australia, Origin by Estee Lauder.
- OCC Apparel sweatshop-free t-shirt factory and warehouse opened in Artarmon, Sydney.
- Certton fabric colour range extends to 10 colours with 6 different weights.
- Certton range extends beyond Men's & Women's garments to include organic garments for Babies, Infants and Kids.
- OCC Apparel t-shirt customers include: Vitasoy, Sea Shepherd, Vogels, Brisbane City Council.
- Certton fabric colour range extends to encompass over 26 colours.
- OCC Apparel partners with Charles Parsons to build upon the existing range of OCC Apparel organic fabrics.
- OCC Launch Continental http://www.continentalclothing.com and Earth Positive brands as the exclusive Australian and New Zealand Distributor.
- Membership of the ‘Australian Made Campaign’ is continued.
- ‘Certton’ Australian organic cotton fabric encompass Superfine 110gsm, Fashion 140gsm, Classic 180gsm, Stretch 200gsm, Interlock 180 & Fleece 260gsm across 26 stock colours.
- Printing techniques including discharge, water based and full colour digital on both light and dark garments are added as services.
- Custom manufacturing increases expertise to offer 100% merino wool manufacturing.
- Indigenous Artists and Regional Australian government groups become customers of our ‘Drover’ t-shirt brand, designed and made exclusively in our Sydney factory.
- Unitee continues to grow online store and adds functionality to service not for profits better with ‘Applaud Your Cause’.
- The Certton Fabrics division is grown to include yardage printing and the minimum for custom dye rolls is reduced to 2 rolls.
- OCC Apparel sweatshop free t-shirt factory and warehouse is moved to a larger factory space in St Peters, Sydney. The new factory allows for faster in-house screenprinting, digital printing and embroidery along with fulfilment and pick and pack services.
- Re-labelling continues to grow as more and more fashion based brands see the benefit in OCC’s quick turnaround re-labelling of stock garments.
- Earth Positive continues to grow its presence in Australia as the only legitimate Carbon Neutral accredited t-shirt brand.
- OCC vastly improves its online ordering capacity and stock control with a Magento based stock system, implemented by https://www.dijiguru.com . Customers can log in and order direct, track their order all along the despatch process.
- DHL Express partnership formed for better, faster and more accurate International freight distribution.
- Unions, Not for Profits and major Australian Universities continue to support the ethical and Australian made brands OCC offer.
- Pick and pack and order fulfilment service greatly increases in line with the general growth of online shopping worldwide.
- We had our 10th birthday thanks to you!
- Ethical Clothing Australia Accreditation renewed for our Certton brand of 100% Certified organic cotton Australian made t-shirts.
- Commence Australian Certified Organic https://www.aco.net.au/ certification compliance for our Certton brand of t-shirts, fabrics and our Sydney factory.
- Salvage https://www.continentalclothing.com/page/salvage_products made from recycled organic cotton and recycled pet drink bottles added to our brand list of ethical t-shirts.
- Permaset https://www.permaset.com.au/ An eco friendly, soil association accredited printing dyes added to our screenprinting list of dyes.
- Custom manufacturing department grows to include Mountain Designs - The Merino collection.
- Stanley Stella https://www.stanleystella.com/ added as our latest ethical and organic t-shirt brand.
- OCC Apparel purchases www.3fish.com.au and retains Marty Dillon to head up and open our new OCC Apparel Victorian Office.
- Enlists www.bondiadvertising.com.au Steve Muller, Jonas Allen and Jim Watts to refresh and rejuvenate the OCC Apparel and create the inspiring and proud OCC “Green Star” icon.
- Fair Share https://www.continentalclothing.com/home/fairshare added as our newest ehtical and organic “Fair Trade” accredited apparel brand.
- We obtain Australian Certified Organic (ACO) https://aco.net.au/ certification for our Certton range of t-shirts and fabrics and our Sydney factory sewing facility.
- OCC Apparel forms a manufacturing partnership with Jeanswest for their 'Homegrown' program https://www.jeanswest.com.au/en-au/factory-profiles/occ-apparel.html
- The OCC Apparel Victorian office designs and develops the first of our technical garments for the West Australian Police Department.
- The entire national business is reconfigured on a new stock and sales system Cin7 https://www.cin7.com/
- 100% Australian Merino wool custom manufacturing clients continue to expand with high profile outdoor brands being engaged both in Australian and the USA.
- Sea Shepherd Australia develops and launches their first retail ready 100% organic cotton apparel brand - 'Stand Fast'.
- We extend our continued commitment to Ethical Clothing Australia and its mission to support ethical companies in the Australian apparel industry http://ethicalclothingaustralia.org.au/brands/occ-apparel/